14 July 2009

So Glue Me

In today's post, I wanted to show you something in complete contrast to the unimaginative and poorly thought out Burger King ad I showed you last time. Here's "Instant hold."



Unlike that ridiculous BK ad, this one by super-glue brand Pattex is totally tubular in its creativity and imagination.


It pokes at the viewer's imagination to create the situation frame-by-frame, and the picture that we ourselves create effectively communicates the supposed potency of the product. The association sticks.


For me, I can just picture Speedy Gonzales off-frame winding up, shouting 'Ariba, 'riba!' and then zooming into the frame about to grab that little piece of cheese and zoom off, when suddenly he looks back with a wide-eyed, puzzled expression and sees his precious precious feet stuck solid. Speedy meets his match. Then WHAM! A newspaper comes down on his cocky little Mexican ass. Hard. See ya, Speed.


Ok, maybe that went a little further than what they were trying to show (and probably TMI on my mouse issues), but you get the picture.


Simple, creative, stimulates the imagination and communicative; I'm glued to this ad. Good job, Pattex.


What did it make you, dear KandyLovers, think? Leave a your thoughts below.




3 comments:

Unknown said...

my thoughts exactly KandyMan. the tom and jerry show would've been over as soon as it started.. if only tom had himself some pattex insta hold from the very beginning!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
KandyMan said...

How did I not think of Tom & Jerry!